Monday, August 3, 2015

A Special Marathon Training Monday

I am basically halfway through training! I ran 13 miles on Saturday and while they weren't the best 13 I've ever experienced, everything went pretty well.  I also did a circuit training workout on Sunday.  This seems to be helping me strengthen muscles without feeling like I am exhausting myself and I am hoping that it will help me run stronger and therefore be able to run longer and avoid injury.  This week the mileage is 3, 7, 4, and 10.  It is a taper week!  That means I run a shorter run on Saturday then the previous week to rest and recover a bit.  This week, I will have to figure out how to run 10 miles while I am on vacation in California.  I'll keep you posted on that!  Also, for those of you who weighed in on if I should get a Garmin watch or not, I have decided to do it! (Thanks Mitch for giving me some great advice).  Basically, he said to get the watch if I don't run with my phone.

This is a special marathon training Monday because it is also Bri's and my anniversary!  We went on our first date 6 years ago!  These past 6 years have been so incredibly special and I am so excited and grateful to spend the rest of my life with this guy.  He is my best friend and I can't wait to be married to him! When I ran the Chicago Marathon last year, Bri got blisters from walking around so much trying to see me at different points.  Now that is some serious dedication and he is clearly my number one fan :).  I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment