Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fresh Rhubarb Crisp

Have you ever just had one of those weeks where you know you are crazy anxious, but not sure what it is about?  I have been so weird this week! Camp started on Monday, I applied for an apartment with Bri on Tuesday, and I keep having weird dreams that combine camp with the first day of high school.  It's weird.  I think that I just have so much going on right now and it is making me act weird.

However, I am excited that summer is here! Camp has started, MNL is back on (Monday night frozen yogurt with my girl friends), and I am back on with my traditional work out routine that includes Pilates and Zumba as well as after-camp-work outs.  All of these exercises are things that I love and I am super excited because my friend, Alyson goes with me to Pilates and Zumba and Anna comes to work out with me after camp.  It's always better to have someone to work out with and Alyson and Anna are awesome.

I have taken to running 3 or 4 miles before camp.  I am a big fan of this since I feel much more motivated in the morning than I do after camp.  I like to use our treadmill at home since then I can make sure that I can get into the shower quickly and be ready for camp in time.  The problem with this, is now the treadmill needs to be repaired and I can't use it for a week! I am such a running addict and I am nervous about going outside and potentially being late.  I suppose I will just have to figure it out.  All this exercise is helping me to stay positive and not get too nervous about all the changes coming up in my life.

While I was back in Madison, Bri and I went to the Farmer's Market one Saturday and got some fresh rhubarb! It looked beautiful and we decided to make a Rhubarb Crisp with our beautiful rhubarb!

Fresh Rhubarb Crisp

Ingredients:
1 lb. rhubarb, chopped
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp unsalted butter
lemon juice

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place chopped rhubarb in a 13 by 9 inch pan or 8 by 8 inch pan.
3. In a food processor, process the oats, cinnamon, ginger, flour, and brown sugar.  Add in the butter and process until combined.  Sprinkle topping over the rhubarb.
4. Drizzle lemon juice over the top and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes or until topping begins to brown and dish is a little bubbly.  Serve warm or with ice cream.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment