Friday, June 28, 2013

Chocolate Cookies with Chocolate and White Chocolate Chips

The other day I went running at the work out center and I was watching the Food Network.  I am a pretty big fan of the Pioneer Woman because I think she is just really down to earth and a total family person.  Everything she makes is for friends and family and that is what I think food is all about! As I was running, I was watching her make some amazing looking cookies.  So of course, instead of craving healthy things as running should make you do, I was craving cookies.

Then, I came home to find out that my family wanted me to make some cookies to take with us to our picnic dinner at Ravinia.  Ravinia is a music venue near where I live and my family likes to get out there often to sit on the lawn, listen to music, and enjoy a picnic style dinner.  Its an awesome way to spend an evening!  So, I made my Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies and the Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Cookies with Chocolate and White Chocolate Chips.

Chocolate Cookies with Chocolate and White Chocolate Chips
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cornstarch
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups white chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch together.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until well combined and light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in the vanilla.  Slowly, add in the flour mixture until just combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
4.  Scoop out cookie dough, about 2 tbsp at a time, and drop onto the prepared baking sheets.  Leave plenty of room between cookies as they will spread out.  Bake for about 12-15 minutes.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! Hope you had a nice picnic. Thanks for sharing with FFF!

    ReplyDelete