I have another great Kosher for Passover recipe and it's vegetarian! Bri and I recently went to the Soulard Farmers Market and we got: sweet potatoes, spinach, red peppers, onions, avocados, and a chipotle spice mix. We then, made some Homemade Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers with a Chipotle Avocado Cream Sauce. This was some delicious food and to keep the veggie burgers together we used a little quinoa and eggs. Everything is Gluten Free and everything is healthy! It was an amazing meal and definitely a great option for your vegetarians on Passover!
I am also on Spring Break and so in between Passover Seders and getting some much needed sleep, I'm doing a lot of running, cooking, and applying for jobs. So relaxing? It's a tad stressful, but I'm glad I have all this time to get some applications complete. Anyone hiring teachers in the Chicago-land area? I'm pretty good...and I make a mean veggie burger!
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers with Avocado Cream Sauce
For the Burgers:
2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 red peppers, chopped
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
1/2 lb. fresh spinach
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
salt and pepper
1 tsp chile power
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 small avocados, peeled and sliced
1 packaged chipotle spice seasoning (about 2 tbsp)
1 cup non-fat greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
1/2 fresh lime juice
1. Cook quinoa according to directions and set aside.
2. Place sweet potato slices in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 7 minutes or until you can pierce the pieces with a fork. Smash sweet potatoes with a fork.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan. Place in minced garlic and onion. Sautee until onion starts to become translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in red pepper and wine. Let cook until wine mostly evaporates, about 10 minutes. Add in spinach and stir until wilted. Season with salt, pepper and chile powder.
4. Stir the sweet potato with the veggie mixture. Add in the cooked quinoa and stir to combined. Stir in the eggs until mixture is well combined.
5. In a non-stick skillet, form veggie burgers and cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Burgers will be lightly browned and should stay together when flipped.
6. To make the sauce, puree the avocado in a food processor until creamy. Stir in greek yogurt and spices. Stir in the lime juice and serve with the burgers.