My mom's girlfriends threw the shower and they did an amazing job. The food was great, there was a yummy and gorgeous cake, and it was wine party themed. They had 6 wines that spelled out JODIE B. How awesome is that? I got some great gifts and it was just wonderful.
Wedding Cake Sugar Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp almond extract
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour (or gluten free flour)
3 cups powdered sugar
2 egg whites
2 tsp lemon juice
optional: food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
2. Beat the butter with the powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the almond extract, vanilla, egg, and salt. Place in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
3. On a clean surface, sprinkle some powdered sugar. take the chilled cookie dough and roll it out until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with the cookie cutter and re-roll as needed. Place cookies on the prepared cooking sheet.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes and then let cool completely before frosting.
5. For the frosting, beat everything together. Then, dye the frosting as needed and frost your cookies! I used the pearl sprinkles to decorate mine.