Today I am off to Champaign, Illinois for my little brother's graduation!
1. What? How is he already graduating?
2. OMG I think that means I am like officially done with college....I don't even have a sibling in it anymore!
3. Champaign is sort of the worst, but at least I get to go to college for the weekend :)
We have a ton of stuff planned because he has two different graduation ceremonies and a luncheon. On top of that, we are going to some of his favorite places and I made these amazing cupcakes to enjoy after our dinner on Saturday. These cupcakes are the perfect treat and a great idea for graduations! You can use the school's colors to make a festive treat and, I promise, it is really easy!
Zack (the little brother) said his favorite cupcake flavor is chocolate. So, I made some super simple chocolate cupcakes but then I frosted them like this:
How to do Two-Tone Frosting:
1. Make the frosting: I beat 1 1/2 cups of unsalted butter with 3 cups of powdered sugar and 1 tbsp of vanilla.
2. Divide the frosting into two bowls.
3. Color the frosting
4. Using two frosting bags, put the frosting into each bag (keep the colors seperate!). Cut the ends off of each bag.
5. Put the two bags into a third bag. This third bag should have the end cut off and your frosting tip inside already.
6. FROST! Because the colors come through the frosting decorating tip at the same time they swirl as you frost the cupcakes! Pretty cool right?