Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Red Velvet Cookie Dough and Brownie Parfait

It's my birthday! I decided to share this treat today because it is one of my favorite treats that I have made! But first, let me tell you all about the fun birthday events I have been up to!

First, on Saturday, my family and Bri went to dinner at Due Lire.  I had the Tortelli and it was quite delicious.  Then, on Sunday, I ran the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon and afterwards, went to lunch at D4.  Yesterday, Bri and I went for a little picnic for dinner in the park and now today is the big day!  Today, my family is coming downtown and we have reservations at RPM Italian.  I have never been, but I have heard phenomenal things.  I am pretty excited.  I also baked some of my famous Inception Cookies to bring to my staff at camp today.  I sorta feel like I'm in elementary school again; I'm bringing treats for my class :)

So this dessert basically combines all of my favorite things.  It has brownies, red velvet cookie dough dip, and homemade whipped cream.  I LOVE whipping cream.  I think it is just so cool,  Plus the brownies were the beer brownies that Bri and I made with spent grain from brewing.  This dessert was just outrageously delicious.  

Red Velvet Cookie Dough and Brownie Parfait


Ingredients:
(this fills one large mason jar)
2-3 brownies (I used my Beer Brownies)
Red Velvet Cookie Dough Dip:
8 oz low-fat cream cheese
1 cup non-fat, greek yogurt
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2-3 tsp red food coloring
Whipped Cream:
4 oz low-fat cream cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Bake the brownies or use your favorite store bought brand.
2. Make the red velvet cookie dough dip: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the greek yogurt.  Beat in both sugars until well combined and then add in the cocoa powder and red food color.  Mix until well combined.
3. Make the whipped cream: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar.  Add in the cream and beat on high until peaks begin to form.  Continue to beat until you have stiff peaks.  
4. Use a mason jar or other container to layer your dessert.  Start with some crumbled brownies, then red velvet dip, and then whipped cream and repeat. 
Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I think I know why google make your blog to be the recommend one, not only nice article, but also perfect appearance of you blogger. Cheers mate

    ReplyDelete