Tuesday, July 14, 2015

One Pot Caprese Pasta

Today I have a pretty crazy day, but I still wanted to make sure that I shared this amazing recipe with everyone!  I have to go to high school, then to camp, then back to the city for my zumba class.  I think it's going to be slightly hectic, but that's ok!  I have 3 different outfits in my backpack right now...typical?  

I am a big Caprese Pasta fan.  I am also a big "one-pot" recipe fan.  This pasta was so easy and so delicious it will definitely become a staple for our home.  All you do is throw all the ingredients into a pot and then you are done! I love this recipe and I would even add some balsamic to drizzle over the top in the future. 

I recently made another Caprese Pasta Salad recipe that I found on pinterest.  It was not a one-pot deal, but it came out really good so you all should try it!  Here is the recipe!

Ok so back to the one-pot recipe.  Here is what I did:

One Pot Caprese Pasta


Ingredients:
16 oz whole wheat pasta
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup basil, chopped
3 cups water
1 cup vegetable stock
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
1. In a large pot, place pasta, tomatoes, basil, water, vegetable stock. and garlic.  Season with the salt and pepper.
2. Bring the mixture to boil and then reduce heat to simmer.  Let simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is done. 
3. Stir in the mozzarella and add more salt and pepper as needed.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment