Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I just applied for my first teaching job! I can't believe that this moment is already here.  My application was seriously lacking in some areas due to the fact that I have not yet taught.  However, I am still extremely excited about the potential of getting an interview!

Also, today I start teaching Honors Algebra 2 and I could not be more pumped about that.  The kids are great and so motivated.  I am excited to see them work together with their teams.  We are learning how to solve 3 systems of equations with 3 variables.  They are going to do this the algebraic way and its going to be awesome!

And, I recently made my "Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies" even better by adding 3 tsp of cornstarch to the flour mixture.  This caused the cookies to be soft and chewy and STAY soft and chewy for a week! Oh man, they were delicious! If you are craving cookies give this recipe a try and add in that cornstarch!





Okay, that is all and I need to go to school!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting your application out there - the first one is always the hardest! I had the same worries as you about my lack of experience, but I found a lot of schools were happy to hire new teachers, as they wanted people with fresh ideas (and who weren't already burned out/bitter about the state of education).

    ReplyDelete