Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes




I got to go Pumpkin Picking Sunday with my parents and bff Tamara! It was a lovely day in Wisconsin and we took full advantage of the beautiful weather.  We went to a great farm, picked some amazing pumpkins, and got some apples/apple cider.  It was so much fun! There was a corn maze, haunted house, and other fun activities.  Plus, I got to hang with my parents for the first time in a long time.



It was so nice to spend brunch and the afternoon with them and it made me realize how much I miss my family.  I love it here in Madison, but sometimes when things get stressful, I end up missing my family a ton.  It was great to catch up and just relax for the afternoon.
The One
Today I am sharing a lovely pumpkin treat in honor of Pumpkin Picking! These cupcakes were fantastic! I shared them with my DTS brothers and sisters at study night and with the 8th grade team of teachers.  Everyone raved about them! I adapted the pumpkin spice cupcakes from Williams-Sonoma and for the frosting I made a study whipped cream frosting adapted from All Recipes.


Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes

Ingredients:
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (or a mix of all purpose and whole wheat)
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp espresso powder
1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
4 eggs

Cinnamon Whipped Cream Frosting



Ingredients:
1 8 oz packaged of reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp cinnamon


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line 2 12-cup muffin times with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, espresso powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, and greek yogurt.  Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add in the flour, 1/3 at a time, and mix until just combined.
4. Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 full.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool completely.
5. Make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together.  Slowly pour in the cream and beat until whipped and frosting holds a stiff peak.  Frost the cupcakes and serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve and then frost the cupcakes.

Enjoy :)

This post is featured on Foodie Friends Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Yummy! New fan here via Foodie Friends Friday. I would LOVE for you to come share at my Farm Girl Friday Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-7.html and while you're visiting, also enter to win a copy of Laura Childs' new book Stake & Eggs (the tab to enter as at the top of my home page).
    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete