It was so nice to spend brunch and the afternoon with them and it made me realize how much I miss my family. I love it here in Madison, but sometimes when things get stressful, I end up missing my family a ton. It was great to catch up and just relax for the afternoon.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (or a mix of all purpose and whole wheat)
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp espresso powder
1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
Cinnamon Whipped Cream Frosting
1 8 oz packaged of reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 12-cup muffin times with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, espresso powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, and greek yogurt. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the flour, 1/3 at a time, and mix until just combined.
4. Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
5. Make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together. Slowly pour in the cream and beat until whipped and frosting holds a stiff peak. Frost the cupcakes and serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve and then frost the cupcakes.
This post is featured on Foodie Friends Friday!