Tuesday, July 3, 2012

An Anniversary and An Award

Yesterday was my parent's 23rd anniversary! I just wanted to say Happy Anniversary mom and dad! I am always so grateful to have their love and marriage as an example in my life.  They are both wonderful people and their relationship is wonderful.  I love you guys!

Also, yesterday, I was given another award from Ellen B Cookery! Ellen has a fantastic site and she always has the kindest things to say.  Her recipes and photos are fabulous and this was a huge honor to be nominated by her! She nominated me for the Addictive Blogger Award.


Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back.
2. Share a little bit about why you started blogging.
3. Copy and paste the award to your blog.
4. Nominate 10 other Addictive bloggers and let them know!

I started blogging because I was bored in November.  No, seriously.  I have been cooking and baking my way through to college for a while and I was using my Facebook to share some of my creations.  Then, my buddy Max suggested I get a blog instead.  So, I did.  Max even helped me come up with the name! On the same day I published my first post, I also got my cartilage pierced (which later got infected and taken out) and had a Thanksgiving dinner party with my learning team at school.  So, as you can see, I was just bored and looking for stuff to do.  Now, I am so grateful to have this outlet to share recipes and stories.  It is amazing how my world has expanded through this and I have learned so much.  My passion has only grown :)

Here are 10 bloggers that are fantastic and totally ADDICTIVE:

1. Juanita's Cocina
2. The Cooking Actress
3. A Dash of Megnut
4. ABpetite
5. From Calculus to Cupcakes
6. The Inventive Vegetarian
7. Everything in the Kitchen Sink
8. The Messy Baker
9. On Sugar Mountain
10. Awkward Kitchenette

13 comments:

  1. Wee! Thank you, Jodie! Congrats on your award, too. I'm so honored that you are giving me this lovely award. You sure know how to make a girl feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this award! LOL!

    And I'm so glad you got bored enough to start your fabulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You deserve this award and I'm so pleased to hear your parents celebrated 23 years of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Of course! I am a little addicted to your site!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Your welcome! Hope your summer is going well, those strawberry posts were awesome!

      Delete