Today I have a yummy vegetarian recipe that I made the other day to use up some fresh veggies! I saw this tart recipe on Recipe Girl and adapted it slightly based on my taste. The dough is almost exact and it was great. The veggies and cheese are what I was in the mood for!
Tomato Zucchini and Goat Cheese Tart
For the Crust:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
For the Filling:
1/2 onion, cut into thin strips
8 oz herbed goat cheese
1/2 zucchini, sliced
1/2 squash, sliced
1 large tomato, sliced
salt and pepper
1. In a food processor, process the flour, cornmeal, salt, and sugar. Continue to process as you add in the butter. Slowly pour in the buttermilk and continue to process until dough forms into a ball.
2. On a piece of parchment paper, roll out the ball of dough until you have a round piece about 11 inches in diameter. Carefully, place the rolled out dough into your tart pan and trim the sides.
3. Preheat oven to 350
4. Placed sliced onion into a pan with olive oil and sautee until onions become translucent and soften. Sprinkle onions on the tart.
5. Crumble the goat cheese over the onions and then top with sliced zucchini, squash, and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and top with fresh basil.
6. Place in oven and let bake for 45 minutes. Cheese will be melted and crust will become slightly browned