Sunday, April 1, 2012

Another Award!

I am super honored to say that I have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award! Peter over at Feed Your Soul, a fantastic blog, gave me the award and I am super excited! His blog is great and you should all go check it out.  Feed Your Soul is certainly versatile and all the recipes that Peter posts are great! Thanks Peter!!!


So, what is the Versatile Blogger Award? "It is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise."


Now, I get to tell you about some of the blogs that I think deserve this award!  Here we go:

1. A Dash of Nutmeg
2. The Healthy Bites
3. The Inventive Vegetarian
4. Melanie's Mixtures
5. Jen Goes to College
6. How Sweet It Is
7. Cookin' Up North
8. Flourtrader
9. The Healthy Foodie
10. Chocolate and Carrots
11. Mother Thyme
12. Chocolate Therapy
13. Winner Celebration Party
14. Two Peas and Their Pod
15. Finally, Just a Little Organic.  I recently discovered this blog and I absolutely love how they make traditional foods healthier, in fact I am going to share with you a recipe I just tried!


And now, I get to share 7 things about myself:

1. I am a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (the best school ever!)
2. I am a secondary math education major and when I am not indulging in my passion for cooking and baking, I spend all my time figuring out how to be the best teacher ever.
3. I have  HUGE immediate family and I think it is the most fantastic feeling to be with them all.
4. I have a permanent bruise on my leg (the doctors had never seen something like it before) and I got it by almost breaking my leg while watching a movie...yep.
5. I am super in love with my amazing boyfriend and I hope that he becomes my co-blogger at some point...(hint hint Bri: get really good at food photography :))
6. I am an avid reader and if you ever have book suggestions for me please let me know!
7. When I am not being a student, being a teacher, being a wanna-be chef, I also love to sing and dance and I have performed in many community theater shows!

Well there you have it folks, a little bit about me! Oh, and I almost forgot, I also want to share with you a new recipe I found while hanging out on pintrest.  As many of you already know, I think greek yogurt is like the coolest thing ever.  I recently found a recipe for corn bread that is made with greek yogurt! Since Bri and I are thinking of having a chili night, I decided to make it! Here's your funky corn bread recipe:

Corn Bread (slightly adapted from Just a Little Organic)


Ingredients:
1 15 oz box of Krusteaz Natural Corn Bread
1 6 oz non-fat honey greek yogurt
1/2 cup applesauce
1 egg
1/2 cup drained and rinsed corn
a pinch of chili powder
a pinch of nutmeg

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9 by 13 inch baking pan (you can make this as muffins or in a square baking pan as well, just watch the baking time).
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg, yogurt and applesauce until combined.  Slowly mix in the corn bread mix and the corn.  Finally, mix in the seasonings.
3. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
Enjoy :)

Finally, here's the official "rules" that come with this award:


1. Thank the person who gave you this award
2. Include a link to their blog
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly
4. Nominate those 15 blogs/bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
5. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself


In the same post: include this set of rules and then, inform each blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award and thanks for sharing this recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! And you are very welcome! It was a good one :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award and thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. It's always nice to get to know fellow bloggers better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love reading about other food lovers :)

      Delete
  3. congrats on the award! and thanks for the nomination! i love greek yogurt so i definitely will try this out. i love the things that you told about yourself. especially your permanent bruise which i already knew about from king of new york. and that you're making your boyfriend get better at photographing food. ive been telling my boyfriend he needs to learn how to bake for me hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha your comment made my day! Bri and I are cooking dinner together right now! I also wish he would just surprise me with baked goods!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the award and now I know a little bit more around you! Also, sweet of you to pass this along to me. This recipe does look very creative, love the flavors you put in there. I am sure the texture as well as taste is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually don't like corn bread (too dry for me), but then I've never had it made with yogurt - and Greek yogurt specifically sounds like a lovely addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! Bri and I were super happy with how it all turned out.

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much (if belatedly) for the award! I really appreciate the nomination, and I loved reading all about you!

    ReplyDelete